Computer Basics: Lesson 1 | What is a computer?
What is a computer?
Computers are electronic devices that can process information.
Computers can accept data as an input, process this data into information, store information for future uses, and output the information whenever it is needed.
Computers can be large or tiny, and can perform lots of complex tasks.
Some examples of a computer are a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet and a smartphone.
Computers exist inside cash machines like an ATM (Automated Teller Machine), game consoles, washing machines, cars and many other household items.
2. Why computers are important
Computers are an important part of our lives today. We use them all the time to do many different things.
Some of the different things we use computers for, include:
- typing documents or letters
- playing games, music and videos
- sending emails
- selling or shopping online
- browsing the web
Review Question: Why do you think computers are important?
1. You can Comment your answer below. Please be mindful of the Online Learning Manners when leaving a Comment
2. You can share your answer by sharing your recorded video response on Flipgrid. Click on the Record a Response button to join the discussion. Once you join, you can record your response. Your recorded responses will be moderated and will be public once it's been reviewed by CodingWorkshop's educator. Please remember your Online Learning Manners.
Leave a comment
Comment as a guest: