- This event has passed.
April School Holiday Coding Camp: Python Programming for Kids
April 20 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm| $135.00
Python Programming for Kids School Holiday Coding Camp
Python is a simple, powerful programming language. It is used to run powerful apps like Gmail, Google Maps and YouTube.
Importance of Coding / Programming
Computer programming or coding is a crucial skill every child should be learning.
We use computers to solve problems, play games, help us to work more effectively, perform repetitive tasks, store and recall information, create something new, and connect with our friends and the world.
Understanding how to code is empowering!
Everyone can learn to code – it’s just like solving a puzzle or a riddle.
Learn to code like a real programmer using text-based language!
“My son just loves it!. These are a wonderful set of coding courses for kids. The children are challenged, learn the fundamentals of coding different platforms, come hom bubbling and wanting to do more away from class. The key part of any review is would he go again? Well, he’s on his third course. Say no more!’ – John, Parent
Why kids should learn to code
Coding is fun!
Technology is becoming a part of everyday life. Every company, organisation and cause can benefit from technology. There are apps to help you buy, give, join, play, volunteer, connect, share – just about anything you can imagine.
Instead of just playing games, get kids to make their own game. They can create their own phone app!
With coding, you can bring to an idea to life by programming it on a computer.
Every program, game, system or app you know was coded using the same programming building blocks like Python which you’ll learn.
When you program, you are taking an active role in technology – you’re not just having fun, you’re making something fun!
Coding is a Valuable Job Skill
Coding is the skill of the 21st century. Jobs today require more problem-solving ability than ever before, and more and more careers involve technology as an integral requirement.
People who can program – and thus solve problems quickly and effectively – are highly valued in today’s world, and they get to do interesting, fulfilling work.
If you can code, you can solve problems.
Problem solvers have the power to make the world a better place!
Oh, the cool Python programming you’ll learn!
- Importance of Coding / Programming
- Why kids should learn to code?
- What is Python?
- Download Python
- Install Python
- Test Python with a simple program
- Writing programs in Python
- Comment (#)
- Input line
- Run Programs in Python
- Summary of Lesson
- Programming Challenge
- MadLibs Word Game
- Drawing with Python
- Turtle Graphics
- First Turtle Program: SquareSpiral1.py
- Turtle on a Roll
- Turtle Roundup: CircleSpiral1.py
- Adding a Touch of Colour: SquareSpiral3.py
- One Variable to Rule Them All
- Summary of Lesson
- Programming Challenges
- Rubber Band Ball
Kids Love Us:
“It is really fun. It improves my coding skills. You should join.” – Josh, 10
“I would tell my friends that it is a lot of fun and we get to learn how to code apps and websites.”
Need to ask anything about our awesome cool camp?
Call Us: 0428 198 953
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops will start at 930am and end at 330pm however you are welcome to drop kids off at 9am and pick up at 4pm sharp. Early arrivals and late departure kids can enjoy playing handball or sitting outside in the playground.
- All laptops with WIFI are provided.
- Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea with water should be brought to enjoy during our break times.
- Attendees limited to a maximum of 12 coders.
- We expect all attendees to be attentive and focused on learning coding and not get distracted or distract other learners!
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child’s attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Coding Workshops for Kids a perpetual licence to use the student’s work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Coding Workshops for Kids’ website or on our partners’ websites.
My child is new to computer programming or coding. Will they be OK to follow the workshop?
- Yes, the camp is aimed at children aged 10 to 16 years with no experience in coding or programming skills.
How old should my child be?
- We recommend from 10 years to 16 years plus although it is appropriate for parents or teachers who would like to learn Python Programming as a beginner.
We have enrolled, what do we do next?
- A reminder email will be sent to you a day before the workshop with all the exact venue and classroom details.