- This event has passed.
School Holiday Coding Class: Python Programming for Beginners | Epping North PS
July 13, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm| $135.00
School Holiday Coding Classes: Learn Python Programming for Beginners | Ages 12 – 16 years+ | Epping North PS | 930am – 330pm | 13 July, Friday
Python is a simple, powerful programming language. It is used to run powerful apps like Gmail, Google Maps and YouTube.
Importance of Coding / Programming
Computer programming or coding is a crucial skill every child should be learning.
We use computers to solve problems, play games, help us to work more effectively, perform repetitive tasks, store and recall information, create something new, and connect with our friends and the world.
Understanding how to code is empowering!
Everyone can learn to code – it’s just like solving a puzzle or a riddle.
Learn to code like a real programmer using text-based language!
“My son just loves it!. These are a wonderful set of coding courses for kids. The children are challenged, learn the fundamentals of coding different platforms, come hom bubbling and wanting to do more away from class. The key part of any review is would he go again? Well, he’s on his third course. Say no more!’ – John, Parent
Why kids should learn to code
Coding is fun!
Technology is becoming a part of everyday life. Every company, organisation and cause can benefit from technology. There are apps to help you buy, give, join, play, volunteer, connect, share – just about anything you can imagine.
Instead of just playing games, get kids to make their own game. They can create their own phone app!
With coding, you can bring to an idea to life by programming it on a computer.
Every program, game, system or app you know was coded using the same programming building blocks like Python which you’ll learn.
When you program, you are taking an active role in technology – you’re not just having fun, you’re making something fun!
Coding is a Valuable Job Skill
Coding is the skill of the 21st century. Jobs today require more problem-solving ability than ever before, and more and more careers involve technology as an integral requirement.
People who can program – and thus solve problems quickly and effectively – are highly valued in today’s world, and they get to do interesting, fulfilling work.
If you can code, you can solve problems.
Problem solvers have the power to make the world a better place!
Oh, the cool Python programming you’ll learn!
• The Interactive Shell explains how Python’s interactive shell can be used to experiment with code one line at a time.
• Writing Programs covers how to write complete programs in Python’s file editor.
• Guess the Number, you’ll program the first game in the book, Guess the Number, which asks the player to guess a secret number and then provides hints as to whether the guess is too high or too low.
• A Joke-Telling Program, you’ll write a simple program that tells the user several jokes.
• Dragon Realm, you’ll program a guessing game in which the player must choose between two caves: one has a friendly dragon, and the other has a hungry dragon.
• Using the Debugger covers how to use the debugger to fix problems in your code.
• Designing Hangman with Flowcharts explains how flowcharts can be used to plan longer programs, such as the Hangman game.
• Writing the Hangman Code, you’ll write the Hangman game.
• Extending Hangman extends the Hangman game with new features by making use of Python’s dictionary data type.
Kids Love Us:
“It is really fun. It improves my coding skills. You should join.” – Josh, 10
“I would tell my friends that it is a lot of fun and we get to learn how to code apps and websites.”
Need to ask anything about our awesome coding camp?
Call Us: 0428 198 953
Email Us: email@example.com
- Bring your own laptops with Python downloaded. Please visit python.org to download the FREE programme. It is very easy to download. If you need a laptop, please email us and you can hire a laptop from us for $5.00 per user. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BYO Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea & Water.
- Kids can be dropped off at 9am and picked up by 4pm. During these times, kids can play handball, read a book or make friends with other coders!
- Attendees limited to a maximum of 12 coders.
- We expect all attendees to be attentive and focused on learning coding and not get distracted or distract other learners!
- We will be filming and taking photographs of the children in our workshop. By registering a child’s attendance at this workshop, parents/guardians grant Coding Workshops for Kids a perpetual licence to use the student’s work, photographs or videos of the student, and other materials for purposes such as publicising or promoting our workshops/events and the students’ accomplishments on Coding Workshops for Kids’ website or on our partners’ websites.
My child is new to computer programming or coding. Will they be OK to follow the workshop?
Yes, the camp is aimed at children aged 12 to 16+ years with no experience in coding or programming skills.
How old should my child be?
We recommend from 12 years to 16+ years plus although it is appropriate for parents or teachers who would like to learn Python Programming as a beginner.
We have enrolled, what do we do next?
A reminder email will be sent to you a day before the workshop with all the exact venue and classroom details.