Terms and Conditions
- This Terms and Conditions (Agreement) sets the terms and conditions on which Collaboration Cafe Pty Ltd trading as Coding Workshops for Kids licenses you (you or your) to access, view and / or otherwise use (Access) the online coding courses (Courses) for which you register on Coding Workshops for Kids' website at codingworkshopsforkids.com.au (Website) and any documentation and materials provided by Coding Workshops for Kids on its Website.
- By clicking the 'Accept' button, or by accessing, downloading, installing or otherwise using the Courses, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not Access the Courses. Coding Workshops for Kids may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time by uploading the new terms and conditions on the Website. If you do not agree to the changes, you should notify us at codingworkshopsforkids.com.au or cease to Access or otherwise use the Courses.
You acknowledge that where you register for a Course on the Website and we establish an account for you, you are responsible for the account and all activities that occur under or in connection with the Account.
In consideration of the payment by you of the relevant Course fees, Coding Workshops for Kids grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferrable licence to Access the Courses and Materials during the term of this Agreement.
4. Fees and Payments
The fees for the Courses per Account user will be notified on the Website, and are in Australian dollars (AUD).
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must pay all Fees in advance in accordance with the instructions set out on the Website.
Coding Workshops for Kids may adjust the Fees at any time by posting the adjusted Fees on the Website.
Unless otherwise notified to you on the Website, parents or guardians of students under the age of 18 must register an account on the students' behalf.
Fees for Courses are one-off payments per Account User. Once you make an online payment for a Course, you will be provided Access to the Course. Once payments are made, no refunds will be offered. It is the User's responsibility to ensure they read and understand the Course outlines prior to making a payment to Access the Courses.
Where you are registered (over 18 years old) or as a parent or guardian of a student, you:
- must ensure that any usernames and passwords provided by us are kept strictly confidential; and
In this Agreement, Confidential Information means the Courses and any Materials, where such information is identified as confidential by Coding Workshops for Kids.
You will keep confidential, and will not disclose to any other person, any Confidential Information unless:
- the disclosure is authorised in writing by Coding Workshops for Kids;
- the disclosure is required by law; or
- the Confidential Information is, or becomes, public knowledge, other than as a result of a breach by you of this Agreement.
8. Intellectual Property
In this Agreement, Intellectual Property means all patents, trade marks, trade names, designs, registered designs, domain names, trade secrets, formulations, inventions, models, plans, licenses, know-how, databases, technical information, discoveries, ideas, data, research, results, reports, drawings, techniques, source code, rights in computer software, specifications, standards, methods, manuals, copyright in works and all rights or forms of protection of a similar nature, whether or not registered and any application to register any of these rights (where applicable).
You acknowledge and agree that: Coding Workshops for Kids owns all Intellectual Property in the Courses and Materials, including in any updates or upgrades to the Courses and Materials; and nothing in this Agreement or otherwise has the effect of transferring any Intellectual Property in the Courses and Materials to you, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
You will not challenge or contest Coding Workshops for Kids' rights, or do anything that may adversely affect the validity or enforceability of Coding Workshops for Kids' rights.
Where we grant to you a creative commons licence in relation to any Courses or Materials, you must comply in all respects with the licence terms as notified to you from time to time.
You must not (and must not allow any other person to):
- resell or redistribute the Courses or any Materials to any other person other than as expressly authorised under this Agreement;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the whole or any part of the Courses and Materials, to the maximum extent permitted by law; or
- adapt or modify or create derivative works from the whole or any part of the Courses and Materials.
Coding Workshops for Kids may provide updates or upgrades in respect of the Courses and Materials, at its sole discretion, from time to time.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
The Courses are provided by Coding Workshops for Kids on an 'as is' basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, and by Accessing the Courses you agree that your use of the Courses is at your sole risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Coding Workshops for Kids expressly excludes all warranties, express or implied including (but not limited to) implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Coding Workshops for Kids does not warrant that the Courses will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the Courses will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the Courses will be corrected. Furthermore, Coding Workshops for Kids does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use, or the results of the use, of the Courses and Materials in relation to their completeness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. No information or advice given by Coding Workshops for Kids (or any agent of Coding Workshops for Kids) creates a warranty or in any way increases the scope of this warranty. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the Courses remains with you.
11. Your Information
12. Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
Coding Workshops for Kids' liability under, or in connection with, this Agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the Fees paid by you at the time of the relevant event or breach.
Coding Workshops for Kids is not liable for any special, indirect or consequential or similar damages out of or in connection with:
any breach by Coding Workshops for Kids of this Agreement; or
any defects and / or errors in the Courses
13. Term and Termination
This Agreement commences on the date you register on the Website and will continue in effect until:
- it is terminated or
- you cease to be a customer of Coding Workshops for Kids, whichever is the earlier
Coding Workshops for Kids may immediately terminate this Agreement upon written notice to you if:
- you commit a material breach of this Agreement that is reasonably capable of being remedied but has not been remedied within 28 working days after receiving a notice from Coding Workshops for Kids requiring you to remedy the relevant breach; or you commit a material breach of this Agreement which is not capable of being remedied.
Following termination of this Agreement for any reason or its expiry you will:
- cease all use of the Courses and Materials; and
- immediately pay any outstanding Fees.
A party will not be liable for any failure or delay in complying with any obligation under this Agreement, if:
- the failure or delay arises directly from a cause reasonably beyond that party's control;
- that party gives written notice of the occurrence or event to the other party; and
- that party uses all reasonable endeavours to overcome or mitigate the effects of the event.
The rights, powers and remedies in this Agreement are cumulative and are in addition to any rights, powers or remedies provided at law or in equity, unless specifically stated otherwise. Each party may pursue any remedy that it is entitled to pursue by law.
You may not assign or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other person without Coding Workshops for Kids' prior written consent.
You will promptly sign all documents and perform any other acts that may be reasonably required to give effect to the provisions and intent of this Agreement.
This Agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, Australian law. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts in connection with this Agreement.
Coding Workshops for Kids will not be deemed to have waived any provision of this Agreement unless that waiver is in writing and signed by Coding Workshops for Kids. Any such waiver will not be, or deemed to be, a waiver of any other right under this Agreement. Any failure or delay by Coding Workshops for Kids to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered to be a waiver of that provision.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then (to the maximum extent permitted by law) that provision will be severed from this Agreement, and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement.